Hello everyone, below are the main books and podcasts I’ve allowed to significantly feed my brain during the year.
- Principles, by Ray Dalio
- The Order of Time, by Carlo Rovelli
- What You Do is Who You Are: How to Create your Business Culture, by Ben Horowitz
- Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control, by Stuart Russell
- Something Deeply Hidden: Quantum Worlds and the Emergence of Spacetime, by Sean Carroll
- Lost in Math: How Beauty Leads Physics Astray, by Sabine Hossenfelder
- Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries, by Safi Bahcall
- The Beginning of Infinity: Explanations That Transform the World, by David Deutsch
- How to Win Friends & Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
- Conscious: A brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind, by Annaka Harris
- Einstein’s Unfinished Revolution: The Search for What Lies Beyond the Quantum, Lee Smolin
- Reality is Not What It Seems: The Journey to Quantum Gravity, by Carlo Rovelli
- Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World, by Anand Giridharadas
- The Death of Expertise: The Campaign Against Established Knowledge and Why It Matters, by Tom Nichols
- This is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See, by Seth Godin
- Scale: The Universal Laws of Growth, Innovation, Sustainability, and the Pace of Life, in Organisms, Cities, Economies, and Companies – by Geoffrey West
(in approximate order of consistent consumption)
1. Artificial Intelligence, with Lex Fridman
2. a16z | podcast
3. Akimbo, a podcast from Seth Godin
4. Masters of Scale, with Reid Hoffman
5. Rework, a podcast by Basecamp
6. Sean Carroll’s Mindsape
7. The Portal, Eric Weinstein
8. Six Pixels of Separation
9. Joe Rogan
10. Y Combinator
12. Making Sense
There are other podcasts I dabble in on occasion, but not enough to say they’re a significant portion of the diet.
As they say, “we are the average of those we surround ourselves with“, so let’s always take great care with who we open our doors to.
Happy New Years, and let’s keep building and improving next year.