In American soccer, we have a diversity problem.
But it’s not a racial diversity problem, it’s a cultural diversity problem.
Racial diversity does not equal cultural diversity.
The lack of cultural diversity is one of the biggest issues we suffer from, but one of the least talked about. Around the world, every club has its own identity. In America, however, MLS is the club and in order to advance in the sport here, you must conform to that culture.
In this episode, we pick apart MLS’ monoculture and begin to highlight why their monopoly over the American landscape is so detrimental to soccer here.
We also discuss:
- The passion for the sport in other cultures, like Argentina.
- Why one culture thinks they’re the judge of what’s right and what’s wrong.
- And we also talk about the story of Efra Alvarez and what influenced his trajectory.
We’ll get started with this episode right after a message about our coaching program. Thanks for tuning in.
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.
Leave a Reply