Kephern Fuller, an American soccer pioneer who left the US and established roots in Holland, joins me for a chat which touched a variety of topics:
- The Categories within Player Development.
- Culture vs Infrastructure – which is most important?
- Is Personal Training using Coerver-like exercises good?
- The Player Development Jigsaw Puzzle
- “Just Let Them Play”? Wtf is up with that?
- The importance of each player’s circumstances.
- Parent Education, and the connection to 343masterclass.
- Suburban Soccer Culture.
- Black Culture vs Latino Culture.
- US Soccer Dual-National Recruiting Efforts.
Dembele’s Epic Fail at His Barcelona Presentation
As referenced in the podcast, Ousmane Dembele, who was purchased from Dortmund reportedly for over $100 million, could barely juggle the ball during his presentation.
A 13 year old American who’s been practicing and doing personal training could juggle better.
But therein lies the point. As Johan Cruyff once said, and we agree:
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 1000 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.