Joe Demay has decades worth of coaching experience at various levels including a full-time youth academy, high school, college, and regular ol’ American club soccer.
Over the years, he’s been able to develop a very specific game-model that he now uses with his teams. That game-model didn’t magically appear overnight, though. In fact, like many other coaches, he didn’t have a game-model or even know what a game-model was when he was first getting started. Since developing his, it’s been a constant building and tinkering process that is still ongoing.
In this episode, Joe and I discuss:
- How Mourinho introduced him to the idea of periodization
- What a game-model means to Joe
- Why it’s important to have a clear vision, philosophy, and principles of play
You can connect with Joe on Twitter. He does a good job of sharing videos of his own work. He is also very active in discussions with other coaches on a regular basis.
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.