Tuesday, November 12, 2019 – Earnie Stewart held a conference call with American soccer media members to publicly give Gregg Berhalter and the USMNT another hall pass.
Pulisic, USA’s only elite prospect on the current roster, was ruled out of the next two matches due to injury. So, what did US Soccer do? Damage control.
Earnie and Co. decided it was better to get out in front of this mess and say something to the tune of “Win or lose, Gregg Berhalter’s job as USMNT is safe.” Chalk that up as another victory for the status quo.
As soon as we heard the news, Joey Cascio and I decided the right thing to do was jump on a phone call and record our thoughts about everything that was going down.
In this episode, we discuss:
- USSF strategy is clearly built on perception
- Gregg Berhalter is safe because he represents the status quo
- Three nations who failed to reach 2018 World Cup and what they’re doing now: USA, Italy, and the Netherlands
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.