The key to achieving a significant degree of competency is repetition.
- The key to making up that technical debt we described in the previous episodes, is repetition.
- The key to creating a moat, a competitive advantage, over your competition, is repetition.
- The key to achieving your goals is repetition.
But not just any repetition. It must be the repetition of the right things.
This seems to be common sense. So, why don’t we follow the formula that clearly works and that so many success stories have as a common theme?
If I want 6-pack abs, well, there’s a clear-cut formula for that. Why don’t I have 6-pack abs? I didn’t do the work. Or I didn’t stick to the diet. Or I didn’t have the consistency. Or I didn’t do the program for long enough.
Now, how much consistency, discipline, and hence repetitions are required to achieve competency in soccer, depends on where you currently are and what your objectives are (short term, medium term, long term).
In this episode, Gary Kleiban and I discuss repetition and how it fits into the player development puzzle.
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.