This episode with John Kokkoris is one of my favorites.
Because of the language he uses.
But I’m not talking about cussing or anything like that. I’m talking about the way he describes different actions and moments of the game. He sounds completely different than the typical American soccer coach. It really impressed me.
He’s from New York and has a Greek background. Naturally, those cultures have influenced how he sees and teaches the game. But he also gives a lot of credit to his mentors that come from different backgrounds and provide different perspectives.
One of the best parts of the episode is when John talks about his desire to win. I absolutely loved that. And I hope you do, too.
I’ve never recommended this before, but I really think you should grab a pen and paper and take notes during this episode. It is loaded with gold nuggets.
Follow John on Twitter. From there, follow all of the links he has to find videos of his teams and programs he works with.
Visit Bounce Athletics online to search products and take advantage of the discount they are offering 3four3 listeners and members. When you’re ready – email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the order process and mention 3four3 to get 10% off your first order.
Other relevant episodes and resources:
- Finally, An Episode About Youth Soccer Coaching and Player Development with Pete Stuart
- David Robertson Explains Why Soccer Parents Are Important, Plus More.
- Mandy Pocho Tells Her Side of the Story About When She Met the Entire 3four3 Crew for the First Time.
- Here’s What Happens When You Build Your Own Club and Disrupt Your Local Soccer Market
- How to Navigate the USSF License Pathways While Implementing a Proper Training Methodology
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.