Joey Cascio joins me on this episode of the podcast to discuss recreational soccer. Specifically, his experiences working with a group of U6 and U8 players in Southern California.
6 year old receiving across the body. pic.twitter.com/VOUtusgcNb
— Joey Cascio (@Cascio_FG) September 8, 2019
In this episode, we talk about:
- Joey’s free Friday night training program
- Why he started coaching this group of young players
- When is it appropriate to start thinking about “what’s next?” for these kids
6 year olds playing out of the back.
It’s always possible to implement a possession based game model.
From my experiences they have no issue handling tactical team concepts. I’m hoping to provide more content to share. Let’s keep building?? pic.twitter.com/wMjAduPRCI
— Joey Cascio (@Cascio_FG) September 7, 2019
Here are some other resources and ways to connect with Joey:
- Joey breaks down a U12 LAFC Development Academy training session
- Joey talks about the daily life as a father, husband, and a coach
- Joey talks about lessons learned after leaving the DA
- Free coaching course so you can learn the basics of possession-soccer
- Joey’s YouTube channel
- Joey’s Twitter account, connect with him!
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.