In the summer of 2018, I recorded a series of conversations with Brian Kleiban that have never been released. They were actually put in the vault and were never going to be released. Until now. I’m unlocking the 3four3 vault and I’m sharing this one conversation with you.
Here’s the deal…
Each conversation that Brian and I recorded was designed to build off of an already released series of short podcast episodes. Here are those original episodes:
- Why “Vision” is Important For Coaches and A Personal Story About Developing My Own (Coaching 01)
- How to Avoid Getting Trapped in the Trial and Error, Error, Error Cycle (Coaching 02)
- What Is the Most Powerful Training Activity Known to Soccer? (Coaching 03)
- The Benefits of Teaching and Rehearsing Throw-In Choreography. (Coaching 04)
- What Is Losing Your Man? And Why Do Armchair Analysts Think It’s so Easy Even Though It’s Not? (Coaching 05)
- What Are the Two P’s That Best Describe the 3four3 Style of Play? (Coaching 07)
- How to Establish a Proper Culture in Your Possession-Based Team. (Coaching 08)
- Coaching Education Is Important. So, Who Are You Learning From? And Why? (Coaching 09)
- How to Develop a Style of Play and Educate Your Players in Global Standard Fundamentals. (Coaching 10)
- What Is One Fundamental Element That Is Often Ignored In Traditional Coaching Education? (Coaching 11)
After releasing all of those short episodes, I wanted to dive even deeper and extract more information from him because he sees the game and talks about the game so much differently. So, I got Brian on the phone and we got into the specifics about a bunch of topics. And then I pretty much locked them in a treasure chest and buried them.
Here is why I am digging this particular episode up…
The other day I went to watch a live game with Brian. And it was a reminder that he operates on a completely different level.
For example, on a corner kick, I was watching how the teams set up, and so was he, but as the play happens he commented that the left-back had won the last several 2v1 battles when the attacking team decided to play short. They did it again, and the left-back, outnumbered, won the battle again.
We’ve joked that we should just mic him up while he’s watching a game so people can listen to his commentary. We still might do that someday. But for now, we’re going to open up the vault and let you listen to Brian discuss the topic of vision.
In this conversation, Brian discusses:
- His original influences
- His vision (now and then)
- Newer influences that he continues to learn from
Without further adieu, here is what Brian had to say about vision.
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.